It’s almost Memorial Day, and everyone at work and on social media is buzzing about their plans. Talk of beaches, lakes and out of town may have you thinking that Atlanta is going to be a ghost town this weekend. But if you’re like me, and are planning on staying in the city, here are a couple of events going on around town that are equally as entertaining (without all that beach-bound traffic).
My 5 picks for this weekend:
1. Saturday, May 23rd- Piedmont Park Farmer’s Market 9:00 am- 1:00 pm. There’s something special about Piedmont Park, and the swarms of people buying local produce in the city’s biggest green space. This is a good start to the day!!! http://www.piedmontpark.org/programs/green_market.html
2. Saturday, May 23 (10 am- 6 pm) -Sunday, May 24th (11 am- 5pm)- Decatur Arts Festival. This is sure to be a fun daytime activity with an art walk, artist market and local vendors. http://decaturartsfestival.com/
3. Saturday, May 23rd Breweries– This is a good, CHEAP deal! Suport local brewers, and meet tons of fellow craft beer lovers at the multitude of breweries in our area. Take a tour, and see how each brewery makes its signature beers. Be sure to check the hours on each site. Here are a few of my favorites:
4. Old Fourth Distillery– Alcohol tastings on weekends are always a good idea! http://www.old4th.com/
5. Krog Market– Explore this Inman Park gem. There are tons of food, drink and local stores to see/ shop. http://www.krogstreetmarket.com/
Be sure to enjoy this long, and much needed holiday! 🙂