Once Wednesdays are over and done with, I immediately move into weekend mode.
I’m sure that you all are as ready for the sun to come out as I am! Hopefully the weather will cooperate since there are a good number of outdoor activties going on around the city.
Here are my picks:
1. ICE (Indie Craft Experience) June 6-7, 11-6- The Indie Craft Experience is an awesome way to see, and meet new people. There are tons of vendors selling local products, and they showcase of lot of local talent. Everything from Atlanta prints, to handmade purses and jewelry are available for purchase. Admission is $5.00 at the door. http://www.ice-atlanta.com/
3. The Beltline– Take the road less traveled and get in some exercise too! The Beltline is an old railway corridor turned multi-use trail connecting parks, the city and people. It’s an amazing rejuvenation project that is adding to Atlanta’s green space. Hop on at any of the entryways, and stop to look at: the art along the way, Juice it Atlanta (inside Ponce City Market) and grab a bite to eat at the camp themed Ladybird Grove and Mess Hall.
4. Brunch– Atlanta takes brunch seriously, and you should too.
Here are three of my favorites:
1. Sun in my Belly– This place is amazing; the decor is cute and quirky. The food is scrumptious. The Kirkwood Breakfast is my personal favorite, and be sure to get mimosas!
2. West Egg– West Egg, off Howell Mill Road is a popular brunch stop, and you will see why. It’s in one of my favorite areas of town, and has an awesome variety for the brunch crowd. You won’t be disapointed witht the banana bread french toast!
3. Ria’s Bluebird– I’m not much of a sweet food breakfast eater, but I can tell you that Ria’s changed my mind. Their sweet potato pancakes are the best I’ve ever had!
5. Popsicles- Grab yourself a King of Pops popsicle to cool off. There are a variety of great flavors and combinations! Located around the city, and always yummy!
Cheers to the almost weekend!!!