Atlanta has so many restaurants that it can make your head spin. Sure you have your old faithfuls for a regular week night, but occasionally you need a get dressed up date night.
We’ve been on the go for the last couple weeks, but made it a point to go out in our favorite city last week. The Optimist is one of Ford Fry’s fantastic Atlanta offerings. It is a stunning, minimalist space, famous for oysters and is a great Midtown spot. We started with oysters (which I am still getting used to). I ordered she crab soup and shrimp toast, and the hubs got fish and chips. Everything at this place is excellent.
Date nights are important, and something to look forward to during the week. The hubs and I try to go as often as possible, since trying new cuisine is something that we bond over and enjoy. Here are my picks for a date night on the town!
1. The Optimist– Fresh, sustainable seafood in Midtown. Pictures in post!
2. Kimball House– Located in Dectaur, this place has some ambiance! The drinks here are to die for, and the menu constantly changes with the seasons.
3. Sotto Sotto– This Italian gem has killer pasta. Be sure to make a reservation!!! Strozzapreti alla Salsiccia is my recommendation along with their delicious clams.
4. Superica– Located in Krog Market, this self proclaimed “Mex-Tex” restaurant has tasty margaritas, amazing decor and a fun atmosphere. A favorite dish of mine is Tampiquena, and try a Vampire Weekend to drink.
5. Surin of Thailand– Thai is one of my favorite cusines. Surin has great curries, pad thai and cocktails in Virginia Highlands.
I have a list that could go on for days, but that’s it for this installment.