I thought that today I would share my favorite after work watering-hole locations, happy hours and the like. 40 hours (+) a week can be rough, but there’s nothing like a good, quick after-hours hang to lift your spirits (ha!)!
Here are a few places I frequent to meet up with friends!
1. Little Trouble– I know, I thought LT peaked in 2015, but I was wrong! Aside from the bright lights and Blade Runner-esque theme, Little Trouble has a kick-ass happy hour! From 5-8 there are $5 cocktails and $5 tacos! The menu changes, but last week’s vermouth cocktail and pork belly tacos are still on my mind!
2. The Optimist– If you can fly to the West Side, the Optimist’s $1 oysters and $5 punch are a great after work treat! Nothing beats their oyster selection and incredible homemade crackers. The Optimist’s sister restaurant Beetlecat also has oyster specials M-F 4-6!
3. Amer– Located in Inman Park, Amer’s happy hours has been one of my favorite finds! This lovely cocktail bar has $6 drinks T-F from 5-7. Stop by before dinner at Sotto Sotto, Bread and Butterfly or Char. The Saturn may be one of my favorite cocktails in the whole city!
4. Sweetwater Brewery– Thank goodness for this roomy brewery. It’s a hop, skip and a jump away from my workplace and their bar is open W-F 5:30-7:30 and Sat-Sun 2:30-4:30.
5. The Lawrence– This is our favorite weekend spot Sat 11-2 and Sun 12:30-2. $15 bottomless mimosas, oh yes bottomless. I am one of those people who always (ALWAYS) gets a champagne headache, except at this place. The use Natalie’s OJ (you can also get grapefruit for an up-charge) and lovely orange blossom water. Seriously, meet me there this weekend.
We’re almost half way there, and we’ve got this!